Live the INDEX™ experience at the INDEX™ Innovation Lab. This special area is aimed at all visitors, from students to CEOs, and includes:
- Exhibits demonstrating the remarkable properties of nonwovens across a range of applications
- Poster presentations on current research into nonwovens
- Seminars dedicated to nonwovens and the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Seminars on what nonwovens can bring to the Medical, Automotive, Geotextile, Technical Textiles and Filtration sectors
- Displays of the products and services of the nominees of the INDEX™20 Innovation Awards
- Nonwoven tutorials
- Testing machines for nonwovens
The goal of the Lab is to provide a dedicated space within INDEX™20 to showcase innovation and R&D, enable the discovery of nonwovens applications and enhance the understanding of their potential.
Just some of the activities taking place in the Lab:
Research Poster display
- the latest research on show for the whole user community!
A section within the INDEX™ Innovation Lab will be wholly dedicated to the display of research posters. It is a unique opportunity to examine some of the very latest research and innovative applications for nonwovens, as conducted by the some of the industry’s brightest brains.
These posters will showcase up-to-the-minute research projects, which commenced only in the previous academic year or are still on-going, from students of many associated disciplines, but all pertaining to nonwovens.
The researchers are all at least second-year undergraduates, or post-graduate students, undertaking a dissertation or research degree in a nonwovens or related field, some of whom will be on-site and happy to present their work to visitors and exhibitors alike.
For further information on submitting a poster proposal, please visit the EDANA website here
Demonstrations of experiments and testing equipment
- discover the incredible properties of nonwovens, live!
Designed to show some of the incredible properties of nonwovens, an area within the Lab will be dedicated to exhibiting experiments and testing equipment.
Aimed at those visitors perhaps unfamiliar with the innovative qualities of nonwovens, such as newcomers to the industry or students, the idea is to show how their diverse characteristics can be modified to suit a multitude of applications.
Different companies and institutes will be present to show the performance nonwovens and their equipment and to answer your questions. More about the full programme soon!
Nonwovens in daily life
- take a walk through the benefits of nonwovens!
It is true to say that today, although not always visible, nonwovens are a feature of almost every aspect of daily life and society.
To show the variety and diversity offered by these versatile materials, samples and examples will be exhibited in the Lab, showcasing how nonwovens are employed in a myriad of end-uses:
- Absorbent Hygiene Products, Medical products, Personal care/ baby wipes
- Automotive/ transportation, Construction/ building, Geotextiles, Filtration, Wipes for industrial purposes
- Agriculture/ horticulture, Food & beverages, Packaging, Clothing & footwear, Protective clothing, Home/ household
So take a stroll through the Lab to discover the different properties and benefits of nonwovens, and realise the enormous potential of these outstanding materials.
For further information please visit the EDANA website here